Skip to content
- Adult Formation: Novel Reading Group
You are invited to read I Heard the Owl Call My Name by Margaret Craven with us in a new small group. It’s a short novel about an Anglican priest in the 19th century who goes to live with a tribe in the Pacific Northwest as a missionary. Our group will meet on Thursday, September 27th, and on Thursday, October 4th, at 10:30am in the narthex, after the 9:30am service in the chapel. If you’d like help getting hold of a copy of the book, please see Aubin!
- 20s-30s Group Dinner OutingOur 20s-30s group reconvenes on Monday, September 24th, when we’ll meet at City Thai in Hillsdale on Capitol at 6:30 PM. Childcare will be provided at St. Barnabas nursery, beginning at 6pm, so you can drop your kids off and then head around the hill to dinner.
- Ministry Fair
The annual St. Barnabas Ministry Fair is scheduled for Sunday, September 23rd at coffee hour. This is the traditional kick-off of our church year and offers an opportunity for the congregation to learn about the various ministries of the parish. There are many options for us to get involved in new and exciting ways, to make new friends, and to practice our faith together.
- Worship in the Park + Annual PicnicJoin us for an Outdoor Eucharist Service on September 16th, at 10:00 AM Sunday Eucharist will be celebrated at Gabriel Park (SW 45th Ave & Vermont St, Portland). Please bring your camp chairs or a blanket to sit on during the service. Attire is casual, St. B’s t-shirts are highly recommended. Our annual picnic will directly follow the service.
Upcoming Group Meetings
- Monday Night Knitters: Every Monday night, at 7pm, downstairs in Room 1.
- Choir Practice: Every Tuesday night, at 6:45pm, in the nave.
- Bible Challenge: Every Sunday, between the 8am and 10am services, in Grafe Hall.